Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Ken Wright Cellars, Carter Vineyard

I was shocked and excited to discover one of Oregon's (My home state) most respected and sought after wines. Although at a higher price than back home, I highly recommend this excellent wine to anyone who'd like to try a pinot noir which is completely different (and in my opinion much better) from France's Burgundy.

Ken Wright Cellars,
100% Pinot Noir
Vintage:2006
Region: Willamette Valley
Vineyard: Carter Vineyard
Price: NT$2200
Value: Great!



This wine starts great and ends great. Strawberries and mint on the nose. the first drink is powerful but soft; lots of chocolate and cherry flavors with a subtle hint of pipe tobacco. The finish is long and smooth with vanilla, black cherry and a little oak. fantastic.

2 comments:

Emily Ann said...

I want to drink this again and again.

Anonymous said...

wow. this wine sounds like it was made for me. hopefully we can try it when i get to taipei someday, or much later on when we are back in Oregon.